Sunday, May 23, 2010

Craft Fair Aftermath...

Yesterday I packed up my jewelries and such and took them to Not Your Grandma's Craft Fair in Collinsville.  I had no idea what to expect because it was the show's first ever year.  It was founded by this lovely lady:


Here is a photo of me cheesin' it with my setup:


Here are the super cute vendor tags they made for us:


There's even more photos on my facebook fan page.

Anyways.  Here's what I learned from the experience:

1.  Get more than 3 hours of sleep the night before.
2.  Don't expect it to be busy the whole time.
3.  Don't get discouraged and leave early.  Wait until the end of the show.
4.  Bring your tools and offer to make adjustments on pieces.  I made a sale because I was willing to shorten a necklace chain.
5.  Have fun with the shoppers... go beyond "Hi! How are you today?" without being invasive.

Here's a quick shot of some of the stuff I bought:

goldfish mug by linafasano, journal by thread and paper, pin by bunniesandbows, and truffles by ms. mary

Amy from bunniesandbows was a total sweetheart and had her eye on a necklace & a ring on my table.  She's saving $ to go on a missions trip to Japan, so isn't able to spend right now.  I offered up a trade and scored these fantastic prints:


You should seriously check out her shop... pick up a great print (or two) and help support this fantastic artist!

Everyone at the show was SO unbelievably talented... it was inspiring to walk around and so much fun to chat with the vendors.  Oh... and on top of that, it was great to sell some stuff.  I'm marking the show as a "win" in my book.
 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to share those yummy truffles- I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! :) Glad you made some sales and found some great items while you were there :)

    ReplyDelete