Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Suggested Shops on Etsy

Yesterday Etsy unveiled the "Suggested Shops" tab in everyone's "favorites".  I finally got a chance to check it out... and let me tell you, my Paypal is getting DRAINED.  I've found so many great supply shops and vintage items I just NEED to have!

Etsy has done a pretty good job guessing my favorites.... pastels, ruffles, birds, supplies, quaint photography, and adorable vintage.

The following items were discovered in my "Suggested Shops".










 

6 comments:

  1. I like the simple layout and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was really excited... but then i found out that the algorithm for getting on the "suggested shops" list weighs in heavily on how many hearts your shop has. so... the unpopular stay unpopular :-( id like them to figure out a way to make it so we can discover something really new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these...they've suggested some great ones to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. heath.... I agree, that part is pretty lame! I'm sure they will find a way to make the feature "smarter" and based completely upon similar tags or products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on a forum and found out the same exact thing. Though I'm sure the suggested shops have beautiful items it would be nice for the less popular shops to be suggested as well.

    ReplyDelete