Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hearts For Haiti

You may already know about this... but it's very likely you do not. Hearts For Haiti is an Etsy shop that is essentially one large collaboration from the many different shops on Etsy. Their goal? To raise money for disaster relief in Haiti. 100% of their profits (deducting only the listing fees and Etsy's 3.5% commission and Paypal's commission) go to Doctors Without Borders.

Hearts for Haiti opened on January 14. As I type this blog, they have had 1,257 sales. What does that amount to? More than you think. As of last night, January 23, at 9:54 pm EST, Hearts for Haiti has raised $14,857.76 for Doctors Without Borders. That is after all fees have been subtracted!

The other night, I donated three sets of my "Be Mine or Else Mini Cards". They have been popular in my shop, so I thought they would be a good donation. All three had sold by morning. The first set is on its way to Australia! I don't know why I was so shocked to see that Haiti Relief was global, but it was very encouraging. Last night, my husband and I went to pick up some more cardstock, and so the card sets have been relisted. There are five in stock right now. Make a donation of $4 and get some awesome Valentine's Cards in return!



A few other shops that I talk to through Twitter have donated items, as well. This lovely "Nostalgia" Print by chefjen137 is irresistible! A 5x7 is yours for only a $15 donation.



This gorgeous "Love" Shaped Photo Album is by SimplyInvitingCards. You will love this! I made a shaped album once, and it is so much harder than it looks. This one is yours for a $35 donation.



But the goodies do not stop there! Here are a couple of other things that I have my eye on, but I won't be offended if you pick them up before me!

3 Pairs Fabric Covered Button Stud Earrings by shagpile $10



Love You Vinyl Decal by HouseHoldWords $12



I Heart Owls 5x7 Print by KitschyHippo $12



This is just a sampling of some of the must haves you can pick up for a simple donation at HeartsForHaiti. And you better hurry... during the time it took me to blog, they are already up to 1,260 sales!


For information about how to donate, send an email to etsyforhaiti@gmail.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment