I made my first Treasury East today. I've been putting it off for awhile because I've been protesting. I'm a huge fan of the current Etsy treasury system. I love the thrill of the catch, and it's exclusiveness.
(for those not on track, an Etsy Treasury is a collection of 12 items from Etsy made by members of the Etsy community. Previously, you had to wait until the amount of treasuries dropped below 333 in Treasury Main and 222 in Treasury West. Enough people complained in the forums that they could never get one and that treasuries should last forever and you should be able to make as many as you want and people should be able to leave as many comments as they want... and Treasury East was born.)
Anyways, I cracked and made one. I just re-watched "The Royal Tenenbaums" and thought that would be a fun treasury to play around with. So I went for it! Here it is:
1. Availability. I can create a treasury whenever inspiration strikes.
2. Easy to arrange. I love being able to drag and drop listings.
3. Visibility. Treasury East was made to reflect the site widening of Etsy. I love the larger images.
4. More items. I had such a hard time narrowing down just 12 items for a regular treasury. Treasury East allows 16.
1. Attack of the Treasury Easts. Because none of these treasuries ever expire, I'm afraid the Treasury East hub will soon be overrun with outdated treasuries filled with mostly sold items.
2. Duplicate Treasuries. I'm afraid that people will make multiples of the same treasury trying to get the same items on the FP.
3. Lack of searchability. There is still no way to search to see what Treasury Easts you are included in. A beta version came out, but it was shut down for some reason. Hopefully one will permanently launch soon!