My next tutorial is of a project I've been dreaming of making for a LONG time! It is a styrofoam mannequin head that has been covered with vintage sheet music. I think it's going to be perfect for displaying headbands at craft shows!
What you need: a styrofoam mannequin head (I got this one at Hobby Lobby for $5), a vintage saucer, Mod Podge, a foam brush, vintage sheet music (or any other type of vintage paper ephemera). You will also need a sturdy type of glue (besides E6000) to secure the head to the plate. I tried E6000, but it was an epic fail. It ate away at the base of the foam.
First step: cut the sheet music into little squares, no larger than 2.5". Keep your scissors handy throughout the project, because you will find that you will need to make smaller squares and cut bigger squares in half throughout the project.
Next, brush Mod Podge on the back of a square and apply it to the mannequin head.
*Note: the paper sticks better if you put the Mod Podge on the mannequin, and then stick the paper to the mannequin. However, you have to have at least one ring of paper already adhered before this method will work. When you first start out, the Mod Podge wants to absorb into the styrofoam.
Go back and smooth the edges of the papers and let it dry. Next you will turn the saucer upside down and glue the head to the center.
Once everything has set and dried... you're all done! Now it's time to arrange your beautiful headbands (or whatever else you choose to display).